1-2-1 tutoring is offered to any individual wishing to improve their knowledge or practical skills. This approach is suitable for the complete beginner, through to those individuals who have more experience, but wish to focus on a particular aspect of textiles.
Tuition takes place at my family home in Motcombe, which is also home to a friendly cat and labrador dog.
I can offer hep with any of the following:
- Getting to know your sewing machine or overlocker
- Understanding fabric construction and fibre properties
- Starting a first project
- Beginner dressmaking through to couture sewing and advanced techniques
- Fashion design, pattern cutting and commercial pattern adaptation
- Fitting issues
- Lingerie techniques and corsetry; including bra making
- Creative textiles; developing a sketchbook
- Embroidery: both machine and free hand
- Bag making techniques
- I have experience of and am conversant with both Design Technology Textiles and Art and Design Textile. I can assist with GCSE, A Level and City & Guilds exam work.
I am a qualified, experienced, practicing teacher and I have taught to A Level standard. I currently teach adult education classes for the Borough of Poole to varying ability ranges. I have also recently helped individual pupil to complete their Art and Design Textiles GCSE and A Level coursework.
I am passionate about my subject, caring and considerate of individual learning needs, and really keen to help others.
It would be advisable for you to contact me to outline your individual requirements and specifications.
Please also note that I do not answer my phone while teaching or tutoring, so if you use this method I may have to call you back.
Thank you for your consideration.
Tuition is charged at £25 per hour and I would recommend no less than 1 and a 1/2 hours per session.
Please use the CONTACT page to discuss your requirements.